〈 Bandizip Version History
Bandizip 7.0 History
Bandizip 7.0 has many changes compared to its previous version.
New license system
Bandizip 7.0 is released in 3 types of editions: Standard (Free) / Professional (Paid) / Enterprise (Paid)
- Standard Edition: Free of charge, available for commercial and non-commercial use, some features limited.
- Professional Edition: Sold to individual users.
- Enterprise Edition: Sold to enterprise users.
Please visit the link below for more information.
Bandizip 7.0 uses an online installer.
- Only Enterprise Edition provides an offline installer, not requiring an Internet connection.
Advertisements appear on Bandizip Standard Edition.
- SFX (EXE) files created by Bandizip no longer work with Windows XP.
- Changed name of command line compression tool for console (bc.exe → bz.exe)
New features of Bandizip Paid Edition
Bandizip Paid Edition provides the exclusive features as follows.
Repair Archive (ZIP)
Image Preview in Archive
Antimalware Scan on Archive
New features and improvements
- Advanced compression settings
- New feature displaying images with thumbnails on View > File list > Icons
- New feature “Single-click to open an item”
- New feature using Alt + Left/Right arrow to go back/forward one folder
- New feature processing hard-linked files in TAR format
- New feature pre-allocating disk space for an output file
(Minimizing disk fragmentation and improving speed in decompression)
- New command “rn” for command line interface
- Wildcards are available in filenames for command line interface, enabling decompression of multiple archives.
- Installer detects CPU automatically (x86/x64/ARM64) and downloads compatible files, enabling traffic management and faster update.
- Decompressing NSIS format on its own without relying on external libraries
- Decompressing UDF format on its own without relying on external libraries (support for UDF 2.60)
- Decompressing PMA (LHA) format in PM1 method
- Decompressing Google Brotli (.br) format
- Decompressing Facebook Zstandard (.zstd) format
- Improved speed in compression and decompression
- Improved speed in decompression of RAR5 file
- Improved speed in decompression of some types of 7Z file
- Improved support for multi-monitor environment
- Improved support for DOS SFX format
- Improved support for ZIP file compressed in MBCS on Unix
- Improved processing method for code page in TAR format
- Improved command processing for command line interface
- Improved feature “Open file location”
- Improved update settings
- Fixed bug that UI appears blurry on HiDPI display
- Fixed bug that right-to-left languages are displayed incorrectly (e.g. Arabic)
- Fixed issue that processing speed is low when (de)compressing multiple files of small sizes individually